Volunteering Opportunities at Bluesci
At Bluesci we recognised the value of volunteering and the amazing contribution volunteers make to the service. Sharing your experiences, your knowledge, learn new skills and supporting your wellbeing Add link to 5 ways to wellbeing.
The Bluesci service has a network of volunteers whose roles are key in the delivery of the service. Volunteers working from the centre are supported by the centre manager and team. Providing individual or group support supervision and training.
Why Do People Volunteer?
People volunteer for a whole range of reasons, these include:
- Having previously used the service and want to ‘give back’ &/or build confidence and learn new skills
- Want to change career direction and give something new a try.
- Being unemployed and would like to gain work experience
- Have the time e.g. Following retirement
- A chance to contribute to the community
- Feel isolated and want to make new friends
What Will I Gain from Volunteering?
- Be a valued team member
- Learn new skills and share existing ones
- Contribute to the development of Bluesci
- Access relevant training
- Gain experience to be work-ready
- Increase knowledge of health and wellbeing help and support available
We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities within each of our Wellbeing Centres and are looking for enthusiastic people to join our friendly team. We are currently looking for:
Front of House / Reception Volunteers at Old Trafford Wellbeing Centre. Monday to Friday, 9.15am – 4.30pm
Front of House / Reception Volunteers at Partington Library & Wellbeing Centre. Monday to Friday, 9.45am – 5pm
Library / Reception Volunteers at Coppice Library & Wellbeing Centre. Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5pm & Saturday 9.45am – 4pm
Men’s Group Peer Support Facilitator at Coppice Library & Wellbeing Centre. Mondays 1.30pm – 2.30pm & additional flexible hours monthly.
You can download role descriptions below: